Thursday, June 26, 2014

Celebrate the Fourth - Tri-Shutter Card!

Happy day to all!
If you have ever visited other blogs on the web or Pinterest, you have probably seen several gorgeous "Tri-Shutter Cards".  So, if you are like me, "How do you make one of these?" Today, I'll show you how easy and fun it is to make one of these unique shaped cards! 
Basic supplies you will need:
     Martha Stewart scoring board , or any other scoring tool;
     A paper cutter or craft knife and ruler;
     A 12 x 12 piece of cardstock, cut down to 12 x 5-1/2;
     Embellishments of your choice:

Step One: Cut your 12 x12 to 5-1/2. Place the 12inch side horizontally on the scoring board.


Step Two: Using your scoring tool, score at 2 inch, 4 inch, 8 inch and 10 inch (in the red)


 Step Three: Turn the cardstock vertically.  Using a craft knife and ruler (or paper cutter), measure 1-1/2 inches from the edge, and make a vertical cut from the 2 inch score line to the 10 inch scoreline.  Do this on both sides (in the green).


Step Four: Fold the scored sections as you see in this photo.
Once your card base is scored, cut, and folded, you are ready to decorate the panels.
I used red for my mat and here is what it looks like.
Here is what it looks like with the design paper.
This is what the card looks like closed.
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial.  If I skipped any steps or instructions, feel free to email me at bu4jazt@gmail.com.  Please give this technique a try.  It is much more simple than it appears.  The hard part is figuring out how to decorate it.

Here is another Tri-Shutter Card I made:
Thanks for visiting with me today!
Have a very blessed day!!
Lois


 

1 comment:

Roni said...

I really like the tri shutter cards.