Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Quotes

Hello Friends, Followers and Viewers,
As the commercial on the TV says,  Do you know what day it is?  "It's Hump Day"! We have made it to the middle of the week.  Many things have already happened.  Some that you wish had not happen but they were out  of our control.  One of our church members lost his mother-in-law.  We send our heartfelt sympathy to him and his wife.  One of the ladies that I follow, communicated on her blog that she had a mini stroke last week.  I'm sending prayers to her and her family.
Do you like quotes?  I do.  Sometimes I keep them written down in a notebook so I can used them on or in a greeting card.  Some of my Facebook friends send me quotes of things they like.   Here are a few that were given today:

  • Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.

Helen Keller
  • I never called my work an 'art'. It's part of show business, the business of building entertainment.
Walt Disney
  • There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
Edith Wharton...This quote has an impact on me today.  I've often been told by others that what I do or something I said  was/is a reflection to their soul or mind.  It helps them to be a better person or to do something different than what they intended to do.  If in any small way that I can help someone, I usually try to do it.  I don't do things to be placed on a pedestal but instead to help someone else along the way.
Here are my latest creations:
Bazzil Cardstock for the base, pink
DCWV (Heirloom Stack) patterned paper
Offray ribbon
CTMH Happy Birthday stamp
Embossing powder




Bazzil Cardstock for the base, purple
K & Company patterned paper for the mat
Offray ribbon; sentiment printed on vellum
EK Success dimensional stickers
Entrance: Splitcoast Stampers Sketch 525
Thanks for your view today.  Take a little time and do something for someone else today.  You can still join, follow or comment.
Love, 
Lois

1 comment:

TLady said...

Hi Lois!
I'm so glad you came over to visit! I don't get any updates on your blog for some reason. :( & I couldn't remember how to get to your blog. LOL BEAUTIFUL CREATIONS! You've been quite busy!!! Enjoy your snow! Brrr! I like it as long as I'm INSIDE & WARM! LOL :D