Thursday, February 5, 2015

Distress---OMG

Hello Everyone,
When you saw the title your heart skipped a beat or your radar was turned on because you thought I was in trouble.   Physically, mentally and spiritually I'm doing well. Thank you for your concern.   No extreme anxiety, sorrow, or pain for me.  Not today my dear.  Now, if you add the word "paper" and "ink"behind the word "distressing"  this is what you get...inking the edges of your cardstock and scrapbook paper will make them stand out on your scrapbook layouts and handmade cards. This is one of my favorite distressing techniques, and I use it in many different ways. But today I wanted to take it to another level in which you distress a canvas or in my case a tag.  I'm ready to take a class on mix media so I can be almost as good as Tim Holtz.  Today, I pulled out all of my distressed pads, stamps, disposable gloves, and 3 x 5 paper and just started inking the paper with different inks and after the drying process I stamped either a flower or word to the paper.  Oh what fun I had! Proceed with caution when you view because this is just my way of applying ink, stamps and other things to paper.  Remember I said I'm ready to take a class:(click on image for a larger view).



I'm going to find a way to incorporate them to a card or just add them to my collection of projects.  What do you think?




The card I really want to share with you today is another Clean and Simple Card...take a look:
Bazzill cardstock for the base; DCWV Far East stack for mat; 3 prima flowers with paper cut-out vine.
Thanks for taking the time to view with me today.  If you are just viewing, you are welcomed to join or follow.  It is free and will not cost you anything.  I would just like to know who you are. 
Sending you lots of LOVE,
Lois



No comments: