Friday, March 27, 2015

Childhood Memories

Hello Friend, Followers and Viewers.
We made it to Friday.  Looking forward to another wonderful weekend with a twist.  The report on the weather for this weekend is that four letter word..."snow".  Can you believe it when the temperature has been as high as seventy degrees this past week.  I've put away heavy coats and clothes.  My thoughts today went back to some of things or I should say days I had when I was a small child...Santa coming for Christmas; the Tooth Fairy bringing money for a missing tooth and the Easter Bunny delivering a pretty basket on Easter morning.  Why did we ever have to learn the truth? When we mature we should put away childish things but it doesn't hurt to think about them especially if you have a grandchild who gets excited about things like this.  I made an Easter Card In The Box from the thoughts of her this morning.  She likes finding the eggs hidden in the grass and among the flowers.
The box is a cut of cardstock 5" by 9".  Scored on the long side at 2 1/8, 4 1/4, 6 3/8 and 8 1/2. Turned to the short side and scored at 2 3/4.  It was then cut on the short side up to the score lines. Two inserts were cut at 1 1/2 by 3 1/8 and scored at 1/2" on each end.  The patterned paper to cover the box: for the flaps, cut 6 pieces at 2" by 2 1/8".  The side pieces: cut 3 pieces at 2" by 2 5/8".  The back of the box requires a piece cut at 2" by 4 7/8.
Here are pictures of my finished project followed by two other cards that I made for another challenge (they required that I use red and yellow on the card.




Reminiscence about your childhood today or live through it behind your grandchild or grandchildren's excitement. Just don't go back.  I need you in the present with me being an adult (LOL).  Have a nice weekend everybody.
Sending you a hug and LOVE, 
Lois

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lois these are wonderful and I love the box it's beautiful and your designs on the cards are wonderful.

Debs xx

msafrocentric2012 said...

Both projects are beautifully created

Lisa Young said...

Gorgeous creations, Lois!!! Lovely!!!