Thursday, March 12, 2015

Crafting, Why Celebrate?

Hello Viewers, Friends and Followers,
This is National Craft Month.  Yes, you already know this and have been celebrating or buying since March 1.  Let's answer some questions today.  Have you stopped to think or stopped to answer this question, "Why are you a crafter or why do you call yourself a crafter"?  What is your crafting forte or strong point?  Where do you get your motivation to do what you are doing?  Do you keep or sell your projects  or what happens to the finish project?  Have you ever looked at your work and started laughing wondering what were you thinking or drinking at the time?
When I take a closer look at myself and why I love to craft, first and foremost, I thank God for giving me this gift that has turned into a hobby of something I've done for years.   I actually started crafting in high school and it advanced to exploring my creative side over the years.  Areas of crafting I've dabble in are, drawing and painting pictures and objects, sewing, making floral arrangements, making dolls, making objects out of metal, making jewelry, making objects out of clay, etc. Today,  I enjoy preserving memories through scrap booking, mini-albums and cards.  I don't have one forte but the general perception as of this writing would be card making because that's what most people see me doing.  Because of my entrance into Embrace Your Art 365, some of my old techniques are coming back (drawing and painting).


Today I'm sharing a little bit of this and a little bit of that.  My thoughts were directed into many directions and trust me, I adhered to all of them:
Happy St. Patrick's Day
white and green GP cardstock; Spellbinders die; Recollections floral embellishments: Pebbles pearlescent chalks
Card base was cut 3X.  Two of them were adhere together to form card and on the third another spellbinders oval die was used for the opening.  Pebbles pearlescent chalks in yellow and green was used in the opening.  The green cardstock was cut down to resemble flower stalks and adhere to the opening along with floral embellishments.  The computer generated sentiment was die cut using a spellbinders circle die and adhere to card.

He Did It For Me
brown Bazzill cardstock for card base (4 1/4 by 5 1/2), DCWV cardstock beige and striped (2" by 4 1/2" each), corrugated cardboard (2" by 4 1/2"), bronze cardstock cut in oval shape using Spellbinders Elegant Oval die (3"), 3 TPC Studio gold metal accents (studs), Little Occasion cross sticker, computer generated sentiment, small piece of Offray ribbon:  Stagger the three (2") pieces of cardstock onto base; adhere cross with ribbon to oval; cut out sentiment using heart shape die and place on card along with the 3 gold medal accents.

Kindness
white American Craft card base; 3 x 3 piece of black material; red burlap hearts (2); red button; Recollection floral embellishment;  corrugated card board; piece of American Craft black string;  computer generated sentiment: Adhere all pieces to card base as seen in the picture.

Inside of Kindness

I've enjoyed your time today.  Come back and visit again tomorrow.
Sending you a hug and LOVE
Lois








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lois what beautiful cards and the colours and the design is wonderful.
Debs xx
{Debs Cards– my personal blog}

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thanks Debs for your continued support!