Wednesday, March 18, 2015

SPRING, good...Allergies, BAD

Hello to all my Friends, Followers, and Viewers,
We  have made it to the middle of the week.  Yesterday was really bad physically for me.  You see, spring is in the air, and so are billions of tiny pollen that trigger allergy symptoms in millions of people. This condition is called seasonal allergic rhinitis (a condition that can last year round), commonly referred to as hay fever. Hay fever can affect your quality of life. It can lead to sinus infections, can disrupt your sleep and affect your ability to learn at school or be productive at work. It started with me on yesterday. It was so pretty and I went outside briefly last week and on the weekend, not realizing that my allergies would start playing havoc on my body this early.  No, it’s not early at all. Those symptoms reminded me yesterday that the calendar may say that the first day of spring is Friday but my body says, it has already arrived. So, if you typically have allergies this time of year, but haven't had any symptoms yet, now is the time to see your doctor or perhaps start taking something so you can cope with those symptoms.


Think spring and think birthdays was the inspiration for this card today.  I love flowers and I know others who will be having a birthday soon, loves flowers also:

Supplies used: black and green cardstock; quilled green and orange flowers; computer generated “Happy Birthday” sentiment; Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder
Technique: Cut the base card at 4 ¼ by 5 ½ and then emboss it using the Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder.  Quilling the flowers was the longest process but after that was done, they were arranged on a 3” by 4 ¼ “piece of black cardstock, then matted to a piece of green 4 ½” by 3 ¼ cardstock and lastly matted to the base card which is 4 ¼ by 5 ½.  The sentiment was printed out and cut at 4” by ½” long.  Here you have another simple card.

Thanks for being with me today.  Don’t worry about my allergy problem…from past years, I always keep a supply of medicine to relieve the problem.  Today, I can breathe better and be more productive than yesterday.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Evening Lois what a beautiful card I love the flowers and the colour and the design are wonderful.
Thank you for your continuous support.
Debs xx
{Debs Cards– my personal blog}

Lisa Young said...

This card is STUNNING!! I love the quilled flowers and colors! Such a lovely technique!!

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thank you Debs for your continuous support.

LilArtsyWoman said...

Lisa, thank you for such beautiful comment.