Tuesday, March 3, 2015

"TIME" and my 1st Shamrock

Happy Tuesday Everyone,
Here is something to get your thought process activated this morning.  When someone just says "time", what is the first thing that comes to your mind?  I'm going to guess that most of you after reading the question, immediately thought of a clock.  I'm right along with you, so did I when Tiare said this would be one of our prompts for this week.  She also mentioned clocks when she pulled the prompt out of the jar.  Well, since the prompt came out of the jar, I wanted to think outside the box about "time".  Google and I are the best of friends when I want to research or add more than required to something I'm interested in. At first glance, it seems obvious, what time is: it is the ticking of the clock, the turning of the pages of a calendar. But really these are just incidental physical manifestations of the underlying concept. Time is widespread and an essential ingredient of both everyday life and all manner of academic thought, but its fundamental nature remains tantalizingly difficult to enclose. Perhaps the best and most comprehensive overall definition is that time is
a dimension in which events can be ordered from the past through the present into the future, and also the measure of duration of events and the intervals between them.
My thinking led me to my Creator.  His time is not like our time. A verse that I like to read is this: "He has made everything beautiful in it's time...Ecclesiastes 3:11".   This card really represents "time" for me:
Prompt #62 "Time..Ecclesiastes 3:11"
Grey, white and black cardstock
Die cut ginkgo leaves in cardstock and vellum
Spellbinders Nestabilities use to cut out sentiment
Scrap piece of Olfay ribbon.

This next card is the traditional way of thinking about time when it comes to measuring: 
"Time is precious...Waste it wisely"
white, burnt orange and cream colored cardstock
Darice embossing folder
Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks
3 faux rhinestones

Speaking of time, it is time for St. Patrick's Day on March 17.  No need to wait!  I got started today.  Here are two cards for the occasion:
Bazzil green and cream cardstock with DCWV patterned paper for mat
handmade flowers with scrap cardstock and shamrock made with 3 die cut hearts
Sentiment from computer
2 faux rhinestones for flower centers
It's not a sham, you Rock!
green, white and black cardstock
Celebrate It Ribbon
Sizzix Embossing Folder for top mat
Sentiment from web
handmade shamrock using six die cut hearts
green Friendship thread

Thanks for taking a little "time" to enjoy the view today.  Don't waste your "time", it is too precious.
I'm also entering this page in the Scraps of Color Blog challenge!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: