Friday, May 29, 2015

An All White Affair Featuring Spellbinder

Hello Friends, Viewers and Followers,
Oh what fun it is to see Friday.  It has been a great week with great things that have happen. Someone I know made it home from the hospital/rehab after having bypass surgery.  I know you read this blog every day, so...Welcome back...God is still in the healing business!
I had a good time laughing at a comment someone made concerning fashion.  She said, "Memorial Day is over, now you can wear your white".  This took me back to my younger days.  In the south, we pretty much didn't put on white until after Memorial Day and did not wear it after Labor Day.  Doing research on this topic:? According to fashion reporters, it began in the 1930’s with the ultra-rich wearing only white in the summer. Light clothing gave the look of leisure, while dark clothing was mostly for working people. This idea expanded in the 1950’s among the middle class. GRITS (Girls Raised In The South) held to this hard and fast rule of no white before or after Labor Day. Some say it’s a southern thing, because it’s so hot in the south. It's after Memorial Day so I decided to use white.  I used my Big Shot and a lot of my Spellbinders and Couture dies for an all white affair today.  Then I decided to put together a card:

Die cut pieces from various Spellbinder and Couture.  

Die cut pieces from various Spellbinder dies.


THANKS
Enabler's List: Everything white...cardstock, flowers, faux pearls, flourishes, lace ribbon; Spellbinders Romantic Rose die mixed with Spellbinders Opulent Ovals die on this card.

White.  You can't wear it after Labor Day or before Memorial day.  You know what I say? Throw those rules out the window, because fashion is meant to be personal. You want to wear white in the middle of December?   Do it. I'm all for self-expression with fashion and how I make cards.
Thanks for taking a little time to visit with me today.  Have a great weekend.  Wear your white if you want to.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lois wow I love these die cuts and I grew up with you never wear you summer cloth's till May is out and you go back to dark cloths when September comes.
I adore this card it's so classy and elegant. I love it.
Debs xx
{Debs Cards}

Lisa Young said...

Beautifully elegant card design, Lois!!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is STUNNING, Lois. I love all the gorgeous layers you've used. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. I love having you play along with us.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday