Friday, June 26, 2015

A Friday Tutorial With A Punch and A Die!

Hello Followers, Friends and Viewers,
Come along with me today and let's make a card front using the Joy Craft Cutting & Embossing Stencil (Corner Lily) with EK Success Lattice Chain Large Edger Punch.  I'm going to show you how to put them together to form something elegant and beautiful:
Step 1.  I'm using white, red and blue cardstock with the EK Success Lattice Chain Edger Punch and Joy Crafts Cutting & Embossing Stencil Corner Lily

Step 2.  Cut out four (4) of the corner dies using your Big Shot or Cuttlebug...I'm using the white cardstock  for this card

Step 3. Here you see the 4 corner dies cut out in the white as well as the red.  The red will be used for another card.

Step 4.  I then used the Lattice Chain Edger and cut out a strip which will be cut down to fit the front of my card.

Step 5.  The mat for my card was cut at 4" by 5 1/4".  I did this in red.

Step 6.  The white corner pieces were glued to the red piece.  In this card they overlapped in the center.

Step 7.  The Lattice Chain piece was added in the middle, cut to fit the width of the card.

Step 8.  Here, I've added three die cut stars stacked on top of each other (blue, red and white) and three strands of hemp cord (white, red and blue) under a faux white pearl.  The panel was then adhered to a white card base.

So excited about the look of this card that I had to make it again using yellow for the base.

Yesterday was the celebration of National LEON day.  That is Noel spelled backward and the beginning for crafters to start making Christmas cards.  Six months and counting, so here is my first Christmas card using this same design .

Thank you for sharing your time with me today and I hope this little tutorial will help you make a card like this.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lois what gorgeous die cuts.
And your design are wonderful.
Debs xx
{Debs Cards}

Jo Ann said...

Oh wow, such a wonderful use for the dies. I love that you made such wonderful frame out of that one corner die. Amazing! What a blessing it is for us that you joined our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday last week and hope you join us again this week. I want to share the Scripture in 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 telling us, ” However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”—the things God has prepared for those who love him—these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.” Have a blessed weekend…

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful cards as always and great dies thanks for sharing!!!