Monday, June 8, 2015

For No Reason At All

Good Monday Morning or Evening,
School has closed for so many of the young people in my neighborhood.  It is and it is not a good thing.  Years ago, we didn't have numerous kids that lived here. When summer came it was still quiet in our neighborhood as it was during the school year.  As the area grew and more houses were constructed, we now have an influx of children.  Some of the children have respect for you and your property while others walk through your yard, leave trash and disrespect you.  The YMCA is in driving distance but not where they can ride their bikes to enjoy the pool and games being offered.  Until September, we will have to deal with what the neighborhood kids will be doing  this summer. Last year we asked some of them why were they walking through the yard instead of on the road provided for them....the answer was always, for no reason.  Why do you drop trash in the yard....the answer was....for no reason.  So for no reason I made a card today.  I'm still throwing out paper and old embellishments that are of no good (not in the yard but in a trash bin).  I came across this scrap of flowers, die cut bird cage,  and pattern paper and paired them together to make these cards....for no reason.  They may end up in the box for charity or if I keep them for a period of time...someone may receive them.
Cards for today:
Thinking of you
Enabler's List: tan cardstock, pattern paper, die cut vine, die cut bird cage, greenery , ribbon roses and faux pearls.

Friend
Enabler's List: tan cardstock, pattern paper, bouquet of flowers, sticker vase, clear word.

Thanks for taking a little time to be with me today.  I hope you had a reason for visiting and enjoyed what you read and saw.  I appreciate it.  For a very good reason  I received this announcement again on yesterday: Sun, Jun 07, 2015 

FANTASTIC! Congratulations! In the General Stamping forum, you're in the FAVORITES for the week ending June 7, 2015. See post #1 and post #5
ohmypaper! 
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SC543 by Mom42Grand41 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
vdm 
Stazon Splitcoast
SC543 by Mom42Grand41 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


4 comments:

Treva said...

Oh Lois, I feel your pain about the kids. You won't find that diva of mine walking anywhere if she can help it! I always manage to find something to keep her busy even during the summer so she doesn't have a lot of idle time. More beautiful cards of course, you have a large arsenal of dies and you use them; I have way too much stuff just sitting around!

Treva said...

Lois, you asked me about ACMoore when you posted on one of my blog post, there are several ACMoore stores in the area that I visit. I don't go to the one in Brandermill on Hull Street since they turned it into an outlet. I normally go to the one on Midlothian, Willow Lawn Shopping Center Patterson Avenue near Regency Mall.

Unknown said...

Hi Lois I know where you are going with the kids I dread school holidays but I must say theres more good kids than bad. All they need is something to keep them busy.
Your cards are wonderful I love the colours and the designs.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}

Cara said...

my kids are grown now, but we have quite a few in our neighborhood and it's frustrating to see them run a muck with no purpose *sigh*

Great job on using those toss about pieces Lois, Would never have guessed if you hadn't said anything. LOL
(Hugs) Cara