Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Hello, Were You Aware Of The "Leap Second"?

It's A Good Day to have A Good Day my Friends, Followers and Viewers on this Tuesday.  Today is the last day of the month and as I get older the days are going by faster.  I'm always searching for new facts, ideas or tips that I can use in my daily life.  It can biblical facts or verses.  It can be how to save or how to do something different with what you already have.  When I receive e-mails with something that perks my attention, I  enjoy reading and learning.  Today, I'm sharing some information that I received that came from http://www.curious.com.  It is about : Just one (leap) second. Enjoy your extra second. Tonight, on June 30th, time will stand still at midnight for exactly one second! Known as a leap second, the hour before midnight will be 3,601 seconds instead of 3,600 seconds long. Why? To bring our clocks and timing devices in line with natural cycles...   You may think that nobody will notice this one extra second, but modern technology has serious trouble with them. The last leap second, which happened exactly three years ago, caused many websites and computer systems to have major outages.  For me, this was interesting.
My card for today:
hello
Enabler's List: white and green cardstock; watercolor paper distressed with Ranger's mustard seed, broken china and dried marigold; inked with flowers which were colored using  Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pen ; sentiment was handwritten; four faux bling embellishment were put in the middle of the flowers.

Thanks for viewing with me today.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

5 comments:

Michele said...

your card is absolute beautiful! thanks for the heads up on the extra second! i'll try to use it widely! xo

Treva said...

Lois,
Love your card, you have pretty handwriting too! Do you like the watercolor brush pens, are they easy to use? Thanks for the extra second info, I'll probably be asleep at that time!

Unknown said...

Hi Lois what a beautiful card I love the colours and the design is wonderful.
Thank you for your continued support.
Debs
{Debs Cards}

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thanks Michele for your lovely comment!

Cara said...

How funny you should mention the "Leap Second" Lois. I'd never heard of it before this morning when I was driving into work and someone was talking about it on the radio!

Gorgeous card - I love the water color background!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}