Wednesday, June 3, 2015

"Hooray for Senior Citizens"

Happy Wednesday Friends, Followers and Viewers,
I love to have a good laugh, especially if I'm laughing at myself.  It's okay because I just need one every once in a while.   I was recently at an event and saw some old school mates.  We hugged and greeted one another.  One school mate looked at me and said, " We are some good looking senior citizens aren't we".  I smiled and just said, "I'm so glad to see you".  At that very moment, I didn't want to be associated with the phrase "senior citizens".  How dare me?  The good laugh came in when I thought about the benefits I'm receiving as a senior citizen. Discounts off of food at restaurants, some medicines at the pharmacy, certain trips I can take, and many other discounts available to me according to AARP.  It's not that I'm getting old it is I'm just vintage (ha ha). Hooray, I can accept the age I'm in.
Here's the cards I made today:  After having a feeling of I'm just vintage, I thought how incredible it is to be this way. Still looking good according to my school mate.
You 'Not Getting Old Just..."Vintage"
 SC543
Enabler's List: white, black and red cardstock; a picture of an old classic car (cut apart); foam tape; followed sketch # 543 from Splitcoast Stampers

Incredible
Enabler's List: white and teal cardstock; Spellbinder's Tudor Rose Card Front; die cut (umbrella) from Cricut Design Space; clear word sentiment

If you're at that age where you can shout, HOORAY, I'm a senior citizen, do it.  We have lived long enough to enjoy all the benefits it provides.
Thanks for taking a little time to be with me today.  As always, you are welcomed to post a comment.  I enjoy reading your thoughts.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lois what wonderful cards I love the red one it's great and I love the sentiment.
You've made me think that's i'm vintage and i'm only 53 but in the US i'm a senior.
And the second card is so pretty I like this dies you have used I will have to keep my eyes open for this one.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}

Treva said...

Love the car card, the design and of course the colors! Lois, you rock I have never used the design space but you have mastered it!

Lisa Young said...

The vintage car card is beautiful, and I love the elegant details of the "Incredible" card!!

Cara said...

Great story Lois! Made me giggle because I had something similar happen!
Love your cars, especially the 1st one!
(Hugs) Cara