Friday, June 5, 2015

When "IT" Doesn't Come With Instruction


Hooray for Friday Viewers, Friends and Followers.
Yes, we have made it to the day where we look forward to what is called a weekend.  No work, just play or no work and more work (that stuff you do around the house). Do you buy items that you have to put together?  When you open that box and lay out all the pieces and you're ready to start assembling only to find out..."it" didn't come with instruction.  With a recent purchase (TV stand), that is exactly what happened to us.  All the parts were in the box except the instructions. The "it" could be substituted for the word "life".  Life doesn't come with instruction.  We learn as we go.    Replace "it" with "being a father", "being a mother", "being a grandparent" or "being a____".  Those "being" don't come with instruction.  A card on pinterest caught my eye and my curiosity earlier this week.  It looked like one of those "box cards" with a little twist.  When I investigated the website hoping I could find instructions...the creator of the card was mum about how she made it.  No instructions!  With several attempts I think I did it!  Take a look.  My card is on the top.  My inspiration card is on the bottom.

After The Rain Goes
My attempt at duplicating a card I saw on Pinterest!
Enabler's List: black cardstock; pattern paper from Colorbok Midnight Garden; poppies printed and colored with Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pens; Offray red ribbon; computer generated sentiment cut with Spellbinder's die; bee and dragonfly sticker


Side View of my card
My Inspiration from Pinterest...
When "it" doesn't come with instruction... try, try, and try again.  In life you have to try it this way or that way until you succeed.  The same is true of being a mother, father, parent, or grandparent.  In the crafting world if at first you don't succeed, then try again...the only thing you're loosing is some cardstock and probably glue.

 I'm glad you took the time to come this way today.  Go forth and have a fantastic weekend.  Come back and join me again.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois  

4 comments:

Treva said...

Wow Lois you nailed it right on the head! Beautiful card, you did a great job! What size is the card, how does if fold to fit in an envelope?

Unknown said...

Evening Lois what beautiful box cards I love the designs of them.
And the colours are wonderful.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful box card you did a fabulous job!!!

Cara said...

These box card are just awesome and yours in gorgeous!
(hugs) Cara