Thursday, July 30, 2015

"Go Out On A Limb"

Hello Viewers, Followers and Friends,
Welcome to Thursday, the last one for the month of July.  One more day and the school kids will be off to another year of learning and growing.  Moms are happy, kids are sad.  Would you go out on a limb for someone?  Just in case you don't know what this figurative language is all about...this is what I'm talking about...Putting yourself in a risky or precarious situation in order to help someone. Or, taking a wild guess or expressing an opinion that might not be shared by others.  Typically, it means "I'm going to take a chance." Being "out on a limb" requires you to be very vulnerable because there's nothing below you....you're just out on this limb with nothing to catch you if you fall.  Why would someone do this?  Would you do it for someone in your family? For a friend?  For a co-worker? Your minister?  Would you not do it at all?   I have two cards to share with you  today.  One sketch with two versions using different colors and sentiments:
Happy Holidays
Supplies: white and green Recollection cardstock; pattern paper from Bohemian Bamboo  and Graphic 45 paper pad; K & Company robin; Spellbinders Romantic vine die cut: DCWV Christmas & Winter embellishment

I'll Fly Away
Supplies: blue and white Recollection cardstock; pattern paper for Bohemian Bamboo and Graphic 45 paper pad; hand made vine ; K & Company bird;  sentiment was printed on computer and distress with tumbled glass ink by Ranger.

I know most of you would "go out on a limb" for me if I was in a bad situation,..wouldn't you?

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

4 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful cards - love the choice of dies!!!

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thanks Beebeebabs for your kind words!

Treva said...

Like both cards, cute birds, great job on the vine too! Yes, I think I would go out on a limb for you!

Cara said...

Gorgeous - gorgeous - gorgeous!
Love them
Thanks for sharing this!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}