Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Letting My "Sunshine" Explore Ken Oliver's Color Burst

Hello Friends, Followers and Viewers,
We had our "Sunshine" from Friday to Sunday.  Yes, the natural sunshine as well as what we call our little granddaughter.  If I forget and call her by her real name, she wants to know why did I stop calling her "Sunshine".  She had a list of things that she wanted to do and of course one of them was to do "art" in grandma's office.  How many of you  have Ken Oliver's Color Burst in your crafting space? I've seen and read a lot about this product but didn't commit to buying it until last week.  I thought I would start with three basic colors to see if it would be something I would be interested in. Sprinkle and spritz! Color Burst is an amazing concentrated microfine watercolor powder that lets you create beautiful watercolor techniques. Spritz your project with water and sprinkle on Color Burst to create amazing designs. Sprinkle Color Burst on dry paper and then spritz with water for a completely different look. Dissolve in water and spray from a mister bottle to create your own custom mists... and more.  It was a surprise to receive an order just in time for the "Sunshine's visit.  I let her play around with the three bottles I had received.   All of these projects will be added to SOC Blogger Challenge #11 @ http://www.scrapsofcolor.ning.com.
This is "Sunshine's" experiment with Ken Oliver's Color Burst Lemon Yellow, Ultramarine Blue and Alizarin Crimson. She spritz the watercolor paper with water and we added just a little of each color to the paper.  She used brush to move the colors around.  After it dried, she wanted to add some glitter to her project.
I'm going to experiment with these colors myself.  Be on the look out to see what I can make in the near future.

Her next project was stamping images and then coloring them.  She wanted to know why the dolls didn't have eyes and mouths.  I told her she could draw some in if she wanted to.  She did very good with stamping her images.  On the bottom right and left, she wanted some more of the Color Burst.
(Mrs. Ella Jackson, she was very happy to know that you saw her first picture and the lovely comment you gave her at church.  We hope you see these...leave us a comment below).

I always play along with the sketch at http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com. Here is the sketch that was provided for this week followed by my take on the sketch:


MOJO406
Supplies: white and red Recollection cardstock; three sheets of patterned paper from DCWV The Citrus Matstack; a vellum overlay from K&Company; Recollection poinsettia.

Of all the gifts life could send, the BEST is knowing you are my friend.
Supplies:
white and blue cardstock; patterned paper from Mix Paper Floral Mat Stacks; Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush; Glossy Accents; Spellbinders die.

Thank you so much for your viewing time today.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card Lois and I like your designs.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}

The Purple Loft Creations said...

Love your cards tfs

Treva said...

Wow, four great projects in one day! You and your artist in training rock!

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice cards!!!

NC Peach said...

Beautiful cards Lois, and your granddaughter's projects are just precious! TFS