Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Three Sheets of DP Equals Two Cards With Some Left Over

Hello Friends, Viewers and Followers,
Half of the week is over. Are you excited?  Do you have something planned for the weekend already?  I know of one special little one who is counting down until Sunday when she celebrates her 7th birthday.  Her parents, grandparents and aunt are all in the hoopla to make this day special.  We have ordered something special and sent cards hoping that they will make it to her destination by Saturday (mail isn't delivered on Sunday).  Today, I used three sheets of DP (design paper) to make a card (my original intent before expanding into two cards).  I was thinking of her birthday at the time.  Her card is in the mail and this one is just the thought of her celebration. The paper I used came from  DCWV The Far East Stack (it has been the pad on top of all the others for a couple of days). I matted it with a tan piece of Recollection cardstock.  The die cut words came from Sizzix Thinlits by Tim Holtz's Alterations.  They were cut out with red and black cardstock (some from stash). Card #2 was an after thought since I had time and the paper was in my focus.  This one incorporates the tan Recollection cardstock as the card base and the top mat with a darker tan as the first mat.  The same DP was used as the 1st card. A Spellbinders' Opulent Ovals die was used in the solid red as well as the DP.  This was then layered with a floral embellishment arrangement. The die cut word came from Sizzix Thinlits by Tim Holtz. I could have continued to make another card because I had enough paper left over but time would not permit.
Card #1

Card #2


Thanks for taking a little time to spend with me.  I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Please come again.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

2 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Such beautiful cards!!!

Cara said...

Great cards ... Happy Birthday to the little one!
Thanks for sharing this!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}