Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wonderfully Distressing!!!

Hello Friends, Followers and Viewers,
My morning has been lovely so far.   We are trying to get some things done before the rain and or storm that is headed our way this afternoon. Nothing that we are doing is frustrating or distressing.  It is very enjoyable if you like to keep your home looking neat and clean...inside and outside.  I'm inside today and DH is outside.  I stopped for a little while to share some cards I started on last evening.  I was using some Distress Inks and just having a wonderfully good time rubbing and scrubbing (lol).  For one of the card fronts, I practically used a little of every color I own to see what it looked like.
white and black GP cardstock; yellow Recollection cardstock used to die cut butterfly (used as a border) ; Tim Holtz's Distress Watercolor Cardstock; Ranger Distress Inks used in various colors; Sizzix thinlit by Tim Holtz to die cut the right side of mat ; Tim Holtz's stencil was also used on the far left; computer generated sentiment
 For the second card, I tried a more softer coloring.  After distressing, I went a little further and used Sizzix thinlits by Tim Holtz to die cut pieces out of part of the mat.  Butterflies were used not necessarily to cover up anything but to add embellishments and a little flare to make the card fronts pop. Once I finished with both card fronts, I couldn't help but smile at how wonderful they looked.   It is best to get distressed in this way than to sulk and want to be left alone in misery.
 

Black and pink Recollection cardstock; Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock; stripes came from small pieces of pattern paper from stash;  Martha Stewart  stamp (floral branch); Hero Arts stamp (sentiment): Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks (mustard seed, picked raspberry and  tumbled glass) Fiskar butterfly die; Sizzix thinlits Tim Holtz Alterations die.

I'm heading over to WordArtWednesday  Challenge #194-Anything Goes-Family Friendly...to share this card with them.

Thanks for taking a little time to spend with me today.  Leave a comment.  I love hearing from you!
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards and technique!

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful cards - love the background thanks for sharing!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

I love the amazing background textures on your card. SUPER creative, and I thank you for sharing your talents with us. It's always so nice to see your creativity at work.
God bless you for sharing, and have an awesome week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Treva said...

Love these so enjoy when you showcase the results of different techniques! You have every reason to smite, they came out great!

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Excellent card! Great use of colors also! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Cara said...

What fun cards Lois!
Thanks for sharing this!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}