Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Choosing To Be Challenged

Great Wednesday to my friends, followers and viewers.  Coming to you today feeling wonderfully blessed. 

When I started the week I kept telling myself  that I would not do any of the sketch challenges that I usually do.  I would pull out paper and come up with something from my own thought.  How long did it last?  Just two days.

  I confess: I love a challenge!!!! To a fault, in fact. I can recall events in my life during which I made decisions and chose paths solely because they represented a challenge. Some were good and others were bad.  We often resist challenge, or at least the struggle that comes with it. But upon further reflection, I wonder if the stimulation within the call to action is what we craved all along.  I believe that when challenged, we show our true mettle because we are called then to rise up and meet the challenge.


MOJO410
Paper: Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium white cardstock,  Bazzill Swiss Dots, Bazzill purple cardstock and a pattern piece from  Recollection  and Colorbok Signature Novelty.  Embellishment: Prima flower
This morning I just couldn't resist.  Over at MojoMonday.blogspot.com the sketch looked very simple and clean.  It didn't present itself with any difficulty.  I've been looking at it for two days and this morning self said...why not go for it.  I did.


Word Art Wednesday Challenge #196
SC553
Paper: Spectrum Noir premium white cardstock; Bazzill purple cardstock; Colorbok Signature Novelty
Embellishment: Martha Stewart butterfly  and Recollections Rhinestone Stickers
Splitcoaststampers.com has a sketch challenge that they post every Wednesday and since I had decided on participating at MojoMonday....why not this one also.

I just can't stop at these two challenges.  Since I've made two cards, I'm going to share the SC553 with WordArtWednesday.blogspot.com as soon as they post for this week.

Have you ever noticed how boring life can get when you don’t feel challenged? I believe that challenges spur us to action and introspection. If you aren’t happy, you are more likely to seek change.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

6 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Love your card - great job as always!!!

Unknown said...

I love a good challenge also, Lois! I promise, you make me want to do cards again!!! As soon as I work on some, I'm going to post them for you. Great cards and interpretation of the sketch!

Treva said...

Like what you did with the sketch, especially love that sister card, great colors and of course the butterfly is beautiful.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are such beautiful cards. I'm all for a challenge (in life and in cardmaking), too! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Ginny Maxam said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the butterfly card, very eye catching colors!! I know my sister would LOVE it! Thank you for joining this week for Word Art Wednesday's # 196 anything goes challenge! Ginny M DT WAW

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Oh my! I love both of these! I am a super fan of bubbles, dots, and circles so both of these have me grinning I love them so much! I also like to color combination you did, very different but they work well together! Fantastic job! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)