Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Do You Want To Stay Curious, Stay Nosy or Call It Something Else?

Good Tuesday morning or afternoon to you depending on where you are when you read this.  Peace and blessing to my friends, followers and viewers.  It is always a good day to have a good day. Has anyone called you a curious person lately?  How about being called a nosy (nosey) person?  Or in some cases you may have been called a social butterfly if you have to have your social networking going on all day long?  You want to know what your co-worker, family member or someone from your past is doing or has done.    In order for you to know exactly where you fit in, let's take a look at an explanation:  being nosey is wanting to know something that you need not/ should not know. it doesn't increase your (useful) knowledge... being curious is wanting to know things that you need/ should know... it adds to your (useful) knowledge.  Nosey typically has negative connotation; wanting to know something for your own purposes while curious might mean wanting knowledge on a situation for self -information, but not using that information for malicious reasons.  Social networking is design to stay connected with family and friends.  It has become a positive and negative device for many.  Therefore, this is where the question comes in.  Are you staying curious or staying nosy or are you calling it something else?
Each week I join in and follow the sketch challenge at http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com.
 Mojo Monday
  Here are two cards  with the same sketch design but only one of them being submitted to the challenge:
Stay Curious
Enabler's List: white Recollection cardstock for 4.25 x 5.5 card base; red Recollection cardstock for 1st mat cut 1/8 " smaller than card-base; pattern paper from DCWV Stack 7;  circle, star and banner cut from pieces of cardstock from stash; sentiment computer generated (idea from Pinterest)


MOJO409
Thinking of You
Enabler's List: black Recollection cardstock cut at 4.25 x 5.5 for base; white Recollection cardstock cut 1/8 " less than base and used as mat; pattern paper from DCWV The All Dressed Up mat stack; circle, star and banner cut from cardstock  stash; sentiment is computer generated

My lovely friends choose this day which way you want to be curious or nosy.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


4 comments:

Treva said...

Cute cards, great take on the sketch. I think most of us have our own way of trying to be in the know!

Colorado Crafter said...

I'm a brand new subscriber to your blog... just signed up yesterday. I hope you won't mind a question right off the bat! :) I love the "thinking of you" sentiment that you created on your computer. I'd love to know the name of the font you used. I keep looking for a great script font, but haven't had much luck. I really like this one. Do you use Word or Photoshop? I've been trying to figure out how to create cool sentiments to print out for my cards, but I don't know much at all about computers. :(

Your cards are lovely! I was scrolling through your blog and really enjoyed seeing your work, so I subscribed! (cocrafter at gmail dot com)

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thanks for subscribing...you may go to www.dafont.com and download Olympic Branding font.

Cara said...

Both are great cards Lois! My favorite is the "Stay Curious" as I am curious by nature ... not perfect by all means as I can be nosey too! LOL!
Thanks for sharing this!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}