Wednesday, September 16, 2015

"Go The Extra Mile, It's Never Crowded"

Happy middle of the week friends, followers and viewers.
I'm coming to you with a quote by an unknown author today: "Go the extra mile, it's never crowded.  You may have seen it in many places.  My first time seeing this quote was on Pinterest (favorite place to find valuable information).  I also saw this on  the back of a t-shirt when I was visiting my daughter in Florida.
These very words struck me. I wrote them down and started to ask questions within my own mind. What does this mean for me?  Is it just a nice little quote that I could use on a card and forget that I included it as a sentiment?
 When I did look at it again and gave more thought to the words... How true that saying  is, right? When you go the extra mile — whether it’s at work, at church,  on a project at home, in an activity, or in your business — you really stand out (not that you want to be placed on a pedestal or shine more than others).
The extra mile is what makes you more than average.   Most people settle into an easy, “good enough” pattern then wonder why they’re not happy. Pushing yourself a little bit can make a huge difference.
Here are two cards that I'm sharing with you today.  They both contain quotes and they both follow the same sketch:
Just Be Your Beautiful Self
Enabler's List: white Spectrum Noir cardstock; burgundy Recollection cardstock; pattern paper from  Our Daily Bread Shabby Rose Collection and pattern paper from Recollection; a sheet of vellum paper and Recollection faux gems.  
Go The Extra Mile It's Never Crowded
Challenge #201 - Anything Goes @ wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Enabler's List: white Spectrum Noir cardstock; burgundy Recollection cardstock; pattern paper from DCWV The Timeless Type Stack; and pattern paper from Bohemian Bamboo paper pad; vellum paper and Recollection faux gems.


Take the time to go the extra mile today for a friend or a project on your job.   You're not really doing it to get that pat on your back or to be placed on a pedestal.  You will be doing it because  sometimes it is good to be blessed  but better to be a blessing.  Think about the story of the Good Samaritan in the bible.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: