Friday, September 25, 2015

I Was Trying To Make "Orange" My New Color

Hello Friends, Followers, Viewers and Visitors,
The rain sounded so relaxing outside my window this morning.  I just wanted to turn over and stay in bed a little while longer, but I didn't.  It is Friday and this is my day to accomplish many task.  I've known all week that this weekend is going to be busy with a capital "B" and I am so looking forward to it.
  So let me share my cards with you and get back to multi-tasking around my home.
I did three cards (not all today).  They were done and put aside because I was not liking the outcome.  It happened three times this week when I was crafting.  So by last evening, I decided to title my blog "Ugly Cardmaking" (as you can see I changed that also). I even tried to find a challenge that I could enter using this title and color.  Nothing was out there.
There is something about each one of the following cards that didn't look good to me.  If you know me and have seen me, you will know that I don't wear "orange".  It is not a color I will buy to dress in.  I am not going to say that I don't like the color but I will say that "orange" doesn't appear as one of my favorite colors.  I'll wear "brown" (another color that is not my favorite)  a little more than I would orange.  Something that is a "loud orange"...no!!!  Something that is muted and is leaning a little closer to brown...maybe.
One card was supposed to be for the MOJO Monday challenge and I didn't post it.  The reason...it was just too "orange".  Even after trying to masked it down with the black...it still felt like it was over the top "orange".
Another card was made for WordArtWednesday challenge.  I tried to use a fall scene with the muted "orange" background and this wasn't working either.   So, I tried another one.  I had a Prima flower on top of my desk and when I began to look through my paper pad, I found a sheet that had the same polka dots (just a little bigger) as the flowers.  I thought I would like this one, but again, something about this card didn't please me either.
Why did I use "orange" if it is not my favorite color?  Sometimes I try to step outside my comfort zone and do something that is different. Autumn was approaching and I wanted to do something for this season.  I was trying to make "orange" my new color this week.  I'm not giving up.  I'll keep introducing it until it (orange) becomes one of my favorite colors to go to.



Enabler's List:   Cardstock; pattern paper; embossing folder; window die; Prima flower; handmade flower; faux gem; computer generated sentiments.
I like everything I did except using the color orange.  Someone else may find this color appealing and I hope they do.
Have a fantastic weekend.  
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: