Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Fancy Fold Card #3...It's So Fancy

Hello friends, followers, viewers and visitors.
  We are celebrating Wednesday! Celebrating, yes we are !  What big occasion is it?   Here it is....   It's  a "good to be here" day  and it is a  "better to still be living" day.  We have those days every day at least I do, to help you to celebrate, no matter if it is your birthday, anniversary or a "just because" day.  We take many things, people and sayings for granted without giving any consideration to them.  I'm thankful for your comments and continued support on this blog...I really am.  I will continue to "thank you" and "support you" in your endeavors.  Yes, all of me loves all of you.  There, you have it and you cannot take it back!
We are on day #3 of my "fancy fold cards".   In no way can I take credit for the directions for the tri-shutter or the building block card that have been previously posted.  I did not design either one of them.  Neither did I design the one I'm sharing today....I'm doing just like any of you: going to Pinterest, Google and You Tube to find inspiration.  I just chose to make this week all about the "fancy fold cards".  Have you noticed I have not done a card for MojoMonday.  If I could have wrapped my fancy fold around their sketch I would have (lol).
This is the card that I'm sharing with you today.  The fancy fold has "no specific" name, hence I've given it a name...It's So Fancy:

Enabler's List:
cardstock: grey Recollection
DP: also Recollection Yellow Grey Plaid and Panal with a scrap piece from my stash (crossword)
       sentiment printed on white vellum
embellishments: Michael's flower; jolee's stickers 
die: Spellbinders' Romantic vines

 
Side Views of the above card

How it was made:
Step one.  Cut a piece of cardstock 5 1/4"  by 8" in any color of your choice.  I use dark grey in my project.

Step two: score the 5 1/4" x 8" piece of card stock at 2" and 4".

Step three: fold the card stock in half and cut to the 2" score line 3/8 " from the bottom and again at
 1 7/8" from the bottom.  (See picture below)  This is basically your card except for another 5 1/4" by 4" that will be used for the back panel to adhere your card to.

You will cut your design paper 1/8" less than your three sides and adhere them to your card base.  Here you can use any design paper of your choice.  If you are using Whisper White or (any white), you can be creative and stamp images on your panels.



This card (my first) was made a while back (not sure about the date).  You can notice the difference between how I decorated the panels compared to the one I did for today.

I'm really enjoying your comments on Google+.  I'm glad you like what you are seeing.

Sending you a hug and Love,
Lois

No comments: