Friday, October 30, 2015

Fancy Fold Card #5...Twisted Easel Card

Hello Everyone!
It's Friday and I know you already know this.  What a wonderful week I have had and I hope you did also.  Tonight, we help our Town Council pass out Halloween candy to the trick-or-treat (ers) as they come out to a little small party given in their honor.  We get to set our clocks back one hour on Saturday night.  Remember the one hour some of you lost during the "spring forward", now you can sleep in or be on time for church service on Sunday morning.  It doesn't matter what happens to the time, some people just love to be "fashionably late".
All week I have posted fancy fold cards and today is no different.
What I have for you today is a "twisted easel card".
 I'm trying to share a link from Christina Griffiths
https://youtu.be/tdiHavEdgSE.  This is the one I first used about two years ago.

This is the card I made today:

You are amazingly amazing
I've used black Recollection cardstock for the base which was cut @ 9 3/4 by 4 1/4. Next, I scored the base  on the long side @ 4 1/4 .  This 4 1/4 was then scored diagonally (in half with the bottom piece folded toward the card.  From here, I used Design Paper from Colorbok 6 x 6 Natural Expressions for my mat on the front and inside of the card.  I used Spellbinders Labels 18  and an oval to cut out a mats for my image.  
Here is the card when it is open to show the inside and how the easel is opened.

A close up of the easel.  To keep it open, I've placed a faux gem to prop the easel back.



Here is another fancy fold card that doesn't have a name. 
 I searched for the proper name but couldn't find one from the pictures on Pinterest.
However, I basically kept trying until I came up with the scores to make this card:
Start with a piece of 8 1/2 by 6" cardstock (heavy) for the base.
Score this piece on the 8 1/4 side @ 2 1/8", 3 1/8", 5 1/8" and 6 1/8"....use design paper  on the 3 panels.
You will also need another piece for your frame (larger one) 4 1/2" by 4 1/2"...add your design paper to this piece also.
Instead of having three frames, I used a sheet of design paper cut  @ 3 3/4 by 4 1/4 for my 2nd frame and then for my third frame  I cut out a another piece of cardstock 4" by 3 1/2 and matted it with my sentiment.

Side view of this card.

I hope you have enjoyed the "fancy fold cards" I've shared with you this week.  Come back Monday to see what I'll be posting for your enjoyment.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: