Monday, October 19, 2015

"Young Lady Penelope"

Happy Monday to my friends, followers and viewers.
I'm not quite ready for temperatures in the 30's with frost on the ground.  I can deal with crisp, cool weather where you pull out a sweater and go, but to start wrapping yourself in a coat, I'm just not ready. Yesterday was like that.  I was in a coat when I ventured outside.  When the weather is like this and mixed with my allergy problem, it was an uncomfortable day.  I guess I'll have to wait until Wednesday to warm up since the temperature is going to rise into the 70's.

I was introduced to a little Digi friend about a month ago by  Paola Jofre .  She looked so adorable that I just had to have her in my craft room.  At the time I received her, I was thinking of how we both could do something  in a cute and fun way.   I've colored her several times but could never get her make-up to look good.  Did I stop...no, I continued (many, many, many) times.

  I commend all of you who are into coloring with Copic, Spectrum Noir, Watercolor pencil and any other supplies you use.  I'm not an artist so I was really giving Penelope some problems.
However, I think we finally got our act together:

Here is Penelope featured on a dark grey Recollection cardstock card base with a silver sheet of cardstock for the mat cut from Spellbinders Glass Effects die.  Another sheet of cardstock from DCWV the All Dressed up mat stack was use to cut out another die cut from the same die.  Several pieces were used to fill in some of the missing pieces.  The sentiment was typed and cut out using a circle die and placed to the side of Penelope.
  
Here is Penelope featured on a piece of white Recollection cardstock for the card base;  with a black piece of cardstock for the mat;  under the watercolor paper that has been distressed using Tim Holtz's distress inks.  Handmade flowers adorn  the Spellbinders Romantic Vine that has been cut out using a burgundy sheet of cardstock.

Penelope and I have become friends in my craft room.  I can't wait to color her up again.

Thanks for viewing!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: