Wednesday, December 9, 2015

"One Of My Favorite Christmas Songs"

Hello Everyone !
Have you heard the Christmas music in the mall, at your church, on the radio or TV?  For me, it puts you in the festive mood.  Those songs have been playing since Halloween.  Some people were just not ready to listen but they were playing.  Now that we are closer to Dec. 25, I don't think you are upset with hearing those tunes at this time of year.

What is your favorite Christmas song?   I enjoy most of them but the ones that have a little Christian background is my go to choice first and foremost. The one I used for my post today is "O Holy Night"....the starts are brightly shining.  It is the night of our dear Savior's birth.

The card I made has the Nativity scene in the inside.  The design of the card looks difficult but it isn't.  Make the typical 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 base and cut out a section.  It could be 1", 1 1/2" or 2".  This is strictly up to you.  Just make sure you leave an opening between the connecting piece so you can stamp a sentiment or have one already typed out in that strategic spot.

  On this card, I used the sentiment for my connecting piece, leaving the inside for the image.  Again, it is your choice.
 Neenah white cardstock was used for the base.
I cut out 1 1/4 inches from the center of my card and use a 2 1/4 inch wide by 3 inch connecting piece.
 Each panel was decorated with pattern paper 1/8 inch less than the panel.
 Two snowflakes were cut from foam and placed on the card.
Here is the card for your viewing:


 

This next card has the A2 Neenah white cardstock for the base;  a bronze piece of cardstock 1/8 less than the base and a piece of beige cardstock (scalloped the edge) 1/8 inch less than the bronze piece.
Here, once  again thinking about "O Holy Night" and using the Nativity scene, I cut out the image using a circle die.  Placed a lamppost die cut on the side and used another song  piece of sheet music for the sentiment.  Finally, I placed a star inside the circle.

Entry in http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/
Challenge #213 - Anything Goes 

Thanks for visiting.  Enjoy your day and sing a few of your favorite Christmas Songs. 

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: