Wednesday, December 16, 2015

"The Phone, The iPad, The Tablet or The Camera"

Hello Friends,
Coming to you today to ask a specific question.
What do you use to take those gorgeous pictures of your projects to post on line?  Are you using your phone, camera, iPad or tablet?
I pulled out our Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi to charge the battery on yesterday.  Once the battery was charged I took a picture of a card I made to post for today.  This morning I took another picture of the same card with my iPad to see which one was better or worst.
They were placed side by side on my desktop so I could get a good look for a comparison.
Before I give you my opinion, I want you to take a look for yourself:
First I will tell you of the supplies used to make this card;

  • Neenah white cardstock; black Recollection cardstock
  • DCWV Brooklyn Stack cardstock and a piece of colored vellum from my stash
  • a wooden word (HOPE)
  • die cut flower and vine using Spellbinders Romantic vine and Romantic Blooms Three
  • red ribbon



Taken with my Apple iPad
the majority of the pictures I post is taken  this way
Adding this to WordArtWednesday.blogspot.com for Challenge #214 - 
Taken with the Canon using the "portrait" feature:
first time for using this for my cards



Disclaimer:  I am in no way being paid or compensated by Apple or Canon.
This was something that I looked at for myself and was just wondering if you have made a comparison with two or more of your devices.
Do you see what I see?
The iPad's picture is more vibrant and shows the true colors of what I actually used for my card, whereas, the Canon camera made the paper look "grayish" and muted especially the vellum strip under the tag. However, the flower is whiter (which is the true color of the item) in the Canon image than in the iPad image.

Now I'm interested in your opinion...which device should I use?
Comment and let me know.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: