Tuesday, December 1, 2015

"Tuesday Tall And Skinny"

Hello to all my crafty friends, followers, viewers and visitors.

All the little kids are so excited about today being the first day of December.  I know of one little one who has a calendar and is beginning to mark off the days until Christmas.  She has already told me that Santa is bringing me some "art and craft" stuff.   Oh my! I have to make room for whatever it is going to be (lol).

Today's card  (which was made yesterday) features a "tall and skinny" card that can be achieved by the following measurements  (I used the one for 6 inches):
 For a 3.5 x 5.5" and fits a regular A2 envelope  You can use either of the following measurements, depending on where you want your fold (according to Julee Tilman)
•3.5 x 11" cut of cardstock, score long side at 5.5"
•5.5 x 7" cut of cardstock, score long side at 3.5"

For a little more skinny, you can try a 3.5 x 6" card to fit a regular No. 6 3/4 envelope (the ones that are about the size of a personal check).  Use either of the following measurements, depending on where you want your fold.
•3.5 x 12" cut of cardstock, score long side at 6"
•6 x 7" cut of cardstock, score long side at 3.5"

Card A is for the   Mojo Monday 426  challenge
Here are the supplies I used:

  • Neenah white cardstock; grey Recollection cardstock; DP from graphic 45 twelve days of Christmas
  • layered accents from K & Company
  • sketch from Mojomonday.blogspot.com

    Mojo426
Card B is for a baby shower.  It was done using the same sketch from mojomonday.blogspot.com.





Supplies used:
  • beige and black Recollection cardstock ( I know it looks bad to use black on a baby shower card but I could not achieve the "pop" I wanted without it).
  • DP from DCWV The Citrus Matstack and Zoophabet 2 (it is more than 7 years old...don't know if it is still around)
  • embellishments from Jolee'








Thanks for viewing with me today.  Come again!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois





No comments: