Thursday, January 7, 2016

"Adult Coloring...The Rave"

Happy Thursday to my Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers!
I know you color because I have seen your post.  I know you have used your pencils, pens, chalks and etc. to color your stamping images.  But, I want to talk about the trend that is going on now.
Books at Michaels, Jo Ann, Amazon, Pinterest, and pages on Google promoting adult coloring.

My daughter thought it was a joke when one of her friends came home during the Thanksgiving holiday and when she visited her home, her friend and mom were coloring.  She called me to tell me the story.  So I said to her, "get a good laugh at your mom also because I have one of those books."
Well, we just vacationed down in Florida with her for about two weeks and guess what she thought would be a delight for a Christmas present...you guessed it...adult coloring book (s) for  me to  enjoy.

I've had stamps for a long time that came to me free when I ordered from Close To My Heart.  I would stick them in the file cabinet and never played with them.  I bought some stamps with flowers thinking I would get into the "coloring" habit.  That didn't happen.   Now that I have adult coloring books, I have to admit, I've colored parts of pages but haven't completed the full 8 1/2 by 11 inches as of today.

So what do you do when one of your favorite sites wants a picture of a pet or animals for their challenge on Thursday, January 7, 2016?  You challenge yourself to enter.

 I recently purchased a die from Our Daily Bread site, again, thinking I would get into coloring.  This image is an animal that I like a lot.  I've always admired horses and so I chose to get this image.  Another animal that I've admired since childhood has been the parrot. This came from one of those free coloring pages for adults off of Google.

I've colored both images (with several going in the trash) to a point where I thought they were ready to be included on a card.

Here, you can see for yourself:
This was a free adult coloring image from Google.  I've used Neenah white cardstock, gold foil and cardstock from the Paper Studio.  I matted my image and the sentiment with a piece of brown Recollection cardstock.  Five faux pearls were added for an addition effect. 

Entry for the Outlawz

TWISTED THURSDAY CHALLENGE JANUARY 7-13, 2016 OPTIONAL TWIST PETS/ANIMALS

This image came from Our Daily Bread (Saddle Up).  I've used Neenah white cardstock and DP from the Paper Studio (Against the Grain).  I die cut a fence from Darice picket fence border die.  Three sequins were added for special effects.

Thanks for viewing.  Go out or download an adult coloring page or book...relax and color.  It is so enjoyable.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: