Friday, January 22, 2016

"Another Valentine's Day Card"

Hello, hello, hello on this snowy Friday my Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.
Yes, the storm is here and it came early this morning just like the weather channel people predicted it.
I've already seen cars slipping and sliding on the road in front of my house.  I'm staying in and hope nothing happens that will have me out in these conditions.

I love Valentine's Day!  I remember when I was younger (teen years), when that day came I received cards (yes, I put a "s" there) and boxes (plural) of candy.  I guess you could say it was nice to have a lot of people who showed their affection towards you.  After I got married, it was still a box (singular) of candy and a bouquet of flowers (plural).  Roses!!!  Those were good days and they still are.  I'm a diabetic so the candy intake is limited but I still love any kind of flower.  I just prefer the planted pot ones instead of the cut blooms.

My "Sunshine" (granddaughter) loves pink.  I think if she could color everything in her world, this would be its color.  I made a card with her color in my thoughts.  The card is not for her because she is only seven and this one is leaning more toward older individuals.  The one for her will come later.


Steps to making this card:
  1. I cut a base 4.25 by 5.5 from Neenah white cardstock, a burgundy piece of Recollection cardstock  1/8 inch less than the base and a piece 4  x 5 1/4 from Bazzill Antique aged papers.
  2. On the antique paper I used gesso for the area that I would be placing the cut out heart (Spellbinders Vines of Passion).  After adhering the heart (cut with pink Recollection cardstock), I used a Pitt pen to outline the heart and doodle around the outline.
  3. I cut a pink floral piece of cardstock 2  x  5 1/4, used gesso and the Pitt pen to mimic what I did with the antique paper.  I cut out the solid heart out of the pink Recollection paper and place that to flow with the cut out vine heart .  This piece was adhere to the antique paper using foam dots.
  4. I used the computer and printer for the "I Love You" sentiment that was cut out using a smaller Spellbinder's heart die.
  5. Offray ribbon in pink was used to make a bow which was adhered to the card along with white Spellbinders Romantic vines die cut in the center of the solid pink heart.
  6. Three more smaller hearts were cut out and used for embellishment and placed on the right toward the bottom of the card.
Enjoy your day and I hope you enjoyed your view.
Thanks for joining me today.  Please come back again.  To keep up with what I'm doing, join or follow this blog so you want miss out!!!

As always:

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: