Tuesday, January 26, 2016

"Get Sweet And Sassy"

Happy Tuesday Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.

Schools and businesses in my area are still closed down today.  I guess when you live in a semi rural area and the Department of Transportation doesn't think enough of where you live to come and scrape the highway, what do you do?  I will not and I am not complaining.
There are a lot of things I can do inside my house.  Crafting would be the #1 but that will have to come after everything else is taken care of.  I told you yesterday, while the snow was falling on Friday and Saturday...I was crafting while watching it fall outside my den door.
Some sense of normalcy is going on now and this cannot be the priority for today.  So I'm showing you some of the cards that were made during the snowfall:

This card is my attempt at mixed media.  Burgundy Bazzill cardstock was used for the A2 base followed by a dark gray Recollection piece of cardstock cut 1/8 inch less than the base.  The next piece is a piece of cardboard with some of the pieces torn off.  This was colored using distress inks from Tim Holtz.  Another piece of Kraft cardstock was used in the Tim Holtz brick wall embossing folder.  This was also colored using the red barn door distress ink with a mustard colored pencil in between the bricks.  This piece has many layers:  a die cut heart out of music paper; two die cut floral stems from Spellbinder die; K&Company bird cage; two Recollections birds and a feather; two floral flowers. and last a sticker sentiment that reads, "Sweet and Sassy".
The next card (it is only one card photographed twice) is showing the horizontal as well as the vertical direction of this card.  When a sentiment is placed on it, then the direction will be determined.  I did a card using the  Wednesday sketch from the Outlawz and made this one along with the one I entered for their challenge.  This will probably go in the box for cards going to a particular cause.

 

This third card was done with having CAS in mind.  I was looking at Challenge # 4 - CASE This Card at http://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/ and decided to be teased into doing something from that challenged.

Challenge # 4 - CASE This Card
This last card was something that I worked on yesterday. This image has been sitting on my desk for weeks.  Mojo Monday always offer a sketch on Monday so I decided to use it.  I'm not entering it into the sketch challenge.  I only used it to get it off my desk.  It is included in the post as a way of keeping up with the cards I make.  This one will also be placed in the box for a cause.


If you're not already "sweet and sassy", you need to be working on it.  Valentine's Day is not that far away.  
Check out this page for more inspiration  http://paperpiecingcreations.blogspot.com/2016/01/valentines-day-1.html.  

As always...

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: