Monday, January 4, 2016

"New Beginnings"

Hello to all my Friends, Followers, Visitors, and Viewers!
Happy New Year to All
To all my friends and followers from 2015, welcome back to my blog.  If it is your first time here, then, it is a special welcome to you!  I'm glad you took the time to press that button to see what this site is all about.

I am going to be JAMMING in 2016.
I am sharing my excitement for the JAM2016 brought to you from: http://tiaresmith.com/2015/12/getting-started-with-embrace-your-art-2016-journal-about-mejam/.
 I am telling you, my friends, because the more the merrier.  Tiare Smith and the rest of the gang would like for you  to PUMP UP THE JAM!!!  It is just a great way to get you involved and to have a bit of fun.

This is my first submission to JAM2016
January 1 Prompt: Your Name –  Challenge: Use a baby wipe.
How did I use a baby wipe?
I applied Gelatos on my round shape and used the baby wipe to smooth out the colors.
After looking up the meaning of my name, I used some of the information on my shape (who am I and what has others determined "Lois" is all about)
I used  Martha Stewart stamps for the butterflies and half flowers .


The next "new beginnings" is entering  challenges :
  •  http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/sunday-clean-and-simple/forum/topics/cas-challenge-january-3-2016   and 
  • http://greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/search/label/Challenge
  • http://avenue613.blogspot.com/
Each entry requirement is to use CAS card with the twist of having or using a bird for the Outlawz challenge and to use valentine or bird for the greatimpression challenge.
Here are two examples of cards I made. 


     This will be seen again at avenue613.blogspot.com





    • what if I fall?  oh, my darling, what if you fly?  starts out with the A2 size base using Recollection cream cardstock  topped with a brown sheet of Paper House paper.  On top of the brown is a piece of Ranger water color paper...here is where I printed out the sentiment and used a die-cut (Spellbinders) to cut it out (this was also backed with the brown paper).  I cut out the branch and adhered it to the sentiment and let it over flow onto the card front.  Lastly, two wooden birds were attached to the branch with glue dots.
    • I will sing and make music with all my soul.  Psalm 108:1 starts with all the same elements as the first card.  After applying the music and sentiment strips, I used the double stitched rectangles die on the water colored paper and attached it to the brown paper. 



    This last card will be entered in today's http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/monday-greetings/forum/topics/monday-greetings-challenge-add-a-tree-to-your-card

    White Recollection cardstock was used for the A2 base with black Recollection cardstock for the next layer followed by a piece of  blue cardstock .
    I found a tree  from Google image and printed it five times at the same size.  One tree was used for the base while the other four were cut and used in a decoupage fashion to make the tree look 3D.  Hampton Art glitter glue was used on various parts of the tree for special effects.
    The sentiment was typed and printed from my computer and printer.  It expresses the way I would like to start my new beginnings for 2016.


    Thank you for joining me here today and come back again for more.  For the new friends and visitors, there is more to be shared with you this year...stick around!

    Sending you a hug and LOVE.
    Lois







    No comments: