Monday, January 25, 2016

" The Snow Storm Is Over, Now What"

Hello Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.
It is still sitting there for me to look at with a glisten and sparkle that only it can have.  It was pretty, fluffy and white but due to the cats and dogs roaming the neighborhood you can imagine what it looks like now.  That which was on the sidewalk and shoveled  into a heap looks awful but it is out of the way so if I have to walk outside I can .  You knew I was talking about the snow and nothing else, didn't you?  That has been the topic every since last week.

We got mostly 4-8 inches compared to my brother-in-law in Washington, DC with 22+inches.  More is on the way again this weekend.  Will you be ready for it or you're tired of it now?

I crafted during this storm.  Mostly a half of a day Friday and the same on Saturday. I loved watching it fall.  On Friday the flakes were so big that I made a joke for my DH (somebody up there is having a snowball fight and wants you to come outside so you can get hit).  The deaths and accidents from storm Jonas were no laughing matter.  We were warned to stay off the road and that is exactly what we did.

This is just one of the cards I made for  MONDAY GREETINGS CHALLENGE - ANYTHING GOES - GC012516  for the Outlawz during the inclement weather:

Supplies:
black and white Recollection cardstock
DP from Bazzill Antique paper 
Tim Holtz's crazy birds and Distress inks (I tried coloring with the inks (tip from Julie)
faux Recollection gems
Basically everything was layered and or torn to achieve the effect you see in the card.

Thanks for viewing with me  today.  Please come again or pop on over to the Outlawz to see what everyone else submitted.
Those who are still in the snow...just let the sun do most of the melting.  If you don't have to get out in it, stay inside and craft.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: