Wednesday, January 13, 2016

"The Journey Awakens The Soul"

Good Day to my Followers, Viewers, Friends and Visitors.
What was the last trip that you took either by yourself or with family or friends?
Did you enjoy the moment (s) or were you constantly thinking of being at home?
If your trip was a vacation, did you collect a souvenir to bring back with you?
Okay, you did or you didn't.

My last trip was with my DH  and we traveled by car to Florida (twelve hours to get from our house to Tampa) for the Christmas holiday.
It was a time I used to reflect on the closing of the year and the beginning of another life journey for 2016.  I kept a prayer in the front of my thoughts and asked God for guidance, peace and protection to help me see the close and the opening. He did!

This journey really did awaken my soul!  Thoughts of what I had not accomplished and what I  wanted to accomplish for myself  invoked a need for a vision board (actually a list) and to start a journal to write down thoughts, action, delays or what  will occur  on this venture for me.  I want to be able to share with you along the way some of the life lessons I will learn from the experiences that I know I will have.  I want to be able to step out of my comfort zone to do some things I've never thought of doing (we'll see how this one pans out).

So, here is a card I made to include in my journal and to enter it at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com...Challenge #217 - Anything Goes


Enabler's List

  • brown Recollection cardstock for the A2 base
  • brown designer paper from Paper Studio (two layers)
  • Martha Stewart butterfly
  • hemp cord for ribbon
  • use of Tim Holtz's mix media die 
  • piece of burlap
Challenge #217 - Anything Goes
THE  JOURNEY
AWAKENS  THE  SOUL



Entry for Wednesday sketch challenge January 13  at
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/wednesday-sketch
Love black and white pictures and I decided to make this the primary focus for this card.
Background: Neenah white cardstock; red Recollection cardstock; black & white polka dot DP
Image of an old water mill behind a window
Four die cuts from Spellbinders Corners & Accents One
Sketch provide by Outlawz challenge for Wednesday Jan. 13

Have you had anything that has awaken your soul?  You don't have to travel 12 hours to find out.  Just sit back, close your eyes and look within and around yourself.  Are you where you want to be, doing what you want to be doing and enjoying the bumps along the way?

Thanks for taking a little time to view with me today.  Come back to enjoy the journey!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: