Tuesday, January 19, 2016

"The Wind Chill Made Me Do A Shaker"

Hello Friends, Visitors, Followers and Viewers,
You know it's Tuesday.   Frozen snow from Sunday is still on my lawn.  When I was growing up and if the snow had not disappeared within a day,  the elderly people would say, "it's waiting around for some more".  Well, according to all the weather reports this morning, snow will fall tomorrow (Wednesday) but not as much as it did Sunday and it will be more on Friday.  Winter is in full force.  The temp for today will stay in the 20's with the wind chill making it feel like the lower teens.
Brrrrr!!!  I'm shaking from the thoughts of how cold it is outside.  I'm inside for the moment  and when I do venture out you better believe I'll be  wrapped up from head to toe (that's your laugh for today).

I was so excited yesterday in doing a CAS card.  Today, I did another one that goes with anyone outside in this cold weather (shaking, shaker, shimmering).

I used my computer to print out Emily Dickinson's  quote on Neenah white cardstock.  I then used the double stitched rectangles die from Our Daily Bread designs to cut out the quote.  Using Spellbinders feathers die, I cut out a feather from the white cardstock and placed a piece of clear plastic behind the cut out.  I adhered foam tape around the cut out, added sequins and another piece of clear plastic.  With the same feather die, I used some DP from my stash to cut out two more feathers.  I placed a piece of yellow Recollection cardstock behind the matted quote and then adhered this to the A2 base (purple Recollection cardstock).

Card is complete and here it is:

close up of feathers

 If the temperature where you are is in the teens or below, please dress accordingly.  Check on your neighbors to make sure they have heat and or blankets to keep warm.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: