Thursday, January 14, 2016

"What's Your Favorite Card Shape?"

Happy Day to my Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.
One more work day for this week.  Remember last week  I told you it wouldn't be long before you would be back to your old routine.  Just think...tomorrow you make it in, do your job, get off from work and you will have a three day weekend...yes three days to do whatever you want to do.  Monday is another holiday.

I didn't win the lottery because I didn't play.  The ticket my DH bought didn't score anything in the money range.   Were you one of the lucky ones who got something from your ticket?  Four dollars...a thousand dollars....a million dollars...or nothing at all like my DH?

I've been making cards for a long time.  You have been looking at the cards I make for a long time.
Have you ever thought or wondered what was my favorite card shape to make?
You have seen a lot of the traditional A2 folded in half  or folded down (a traditional rectangular shape).  Do you think that is my favorite shape?

Well, when I have the time, I like the fancy fold card shapes.  In that range, I just can't pick one.  I like to get away from the traditional every once in a while and do something different.  Today, is one of those days that I did something different (to be honest it was last night while my DH was at a meeting).

Here are three fancy fold cards and the website where you can follow along the same way that I did:

This card will be entered in:

Twisted Thursday Challenge For January 14-20, 2016...optional twist..."Favorite Card Shape


The sentiment is: Love, Joy, Peace and Courage
This is a side view of this card.

This card doesn't really have a fancy name but it does have a fancy fold.  I found the direction to make it on:

I used grey Recollection  and white Recollection cardstock;  Designer Paper from DCWV Cutting Machine paper pad; Martha Stewart butterfly and the stickers from K & Company.
If you follow the steps from the above website, your card will look like the one I made.


The Second Fancy Fold Card

Front View
The Sentiment is:  Wishing you joy

Side View

This is my second card.   It is called a One Flap Easel Card.  The directions for making this one can be found on 

I used a coral colored paper cardstock from Bazzill; Neenah white cardstock for my image and a piece of light brownish cardstock for the mat behind the image.  The image was colored and glossy accent was added on top of the image.  The sentiment came from Hampton Art jillibean soup handwritten sentiments and stamped with Hampton Art black pigment ink.  Three Martha Stewart die cut butterflies were added for embellishment.  Again, if you follow the direction from this website, your card will look almost or similar to the one I made.


My Third Fancy Fold Card

Front View
The Sentiment is :  You're so special to me
This will be entered at
http://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2016/01/challenge-2-create-gatefold-card.html

Challenge #2 - Create A Gatefold Card (Use One Die)

Open View
This last card is called a gate fold card.  The directions for how to make one can be found at 

I used Neenah white cardstock; black Recollection cardstock and designer paper from DCWV.  The heart shape is a die cut.  The sentiment was stamped with black Hampton Art pigment ink and the stamp is from Hero Arts Operation Write Home clear stamps.  I used a Heidi Swapp heart stencil with barn door red Distress ink around the sentiment.
Your card will look almost the same if you follow the same directions as I did.

Can you pick just one?  I couldn't!  I like to make them all.
Thanks for viewing.  See you soon.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois











No comments: