Thursday, February 4, 2016

"It's Time For the Word"

It's Thursday, Thursday, everybody.
 Great day, peace and love to my friends, family, followers, visitors and viewers.

I've met some serious people on all the different sites (Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, personal blogs, etc.)  that I visit.  Some post things that make me hit the delete button or the forward button because I'm not interested in  what they have posted to the internet.  Some post things and stories that I sit and read and take an interest in.  Some are emotional post, some will make you laugh, some will make you wonder, "why didn't I think of that".

Today's card have Christian based sentiments.  This is my God given talent and I have to give him credit for what HE has allowed me to do.  One of my goals this 2016 was to get back to making cards with sentiments from the Scripture...THE  WORD.  One or two cards per week is what I'm trying to accomplish.  It looks like I missed the mark during January but I'm making up for it this month.  I said this because I know there are people out there who will hit the delete button or the forward button because they don't want to see or read anything that deals with the Scripture or THE WORD.
It is entirely up to you if you close out this post...I'm not forcing my belief on anyone.  I like to make cards and I like to read the Scripture.  God has given me a way to combine the two...ENJOY!
Supplies:
  • grey Recollection cardstock for A2 base
  •  designer paper from Bohemian Bamboo paper pad...this was embossed with Cuttlebug Modern Wallpaper folder and used as a mat on top of A2 base
  • yellow textured Recollection cardstock that was distressed with tea dyed TH distressed ink and stamped with Dylusions shattered bits clear floral die in black pigment ink
  • a lighter grey Recollection piece of cardstock was used to print the sentiment. Small areas of the Dylusion floral stamp was used around the edges of this piece which was also cut into a pennant shape. 
  • We R Memory ribbon was tied into a bow and placed at the top of the pennant.
  • Michael's butterfly added to the circle
  • Psalm 143:8
  • Look for this On  Challenge #219 - Anything  at http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com  and  Twisted Thursday Challenge For February 4 to February 10, 2016...optional twist..."Add a Sentiment" at the Outlawz


Supplies for this card
  • black Recollection cardstock
  • Designer paper from Colorbok Outdoors and DCWV Travelers
  • Google image that was colored with water colored pencils
  • pennants from scraps
  • sentiment from Jolee 
I enjoyed doing these cards.  It gave me an inner feeling of peace and enjoyment once they came together...that's how God works...Love HIM!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

 





No comments: