Friday, February 12, 2016

"Playing With The Guys Today"

Hello Everyone!
It's cold, cold, cold with snow in the forecast. The schools in our area are closing down early due to the prediction of snow and cold temps.   Keep warm everyone if you live in the Eastern part of the USA.

You know what?  I looked back over this week of postings and saw that the following had happened:

  • I played around with Anna Griffin and Tim Holtz on Monday
  • I played around with Jennifer McGuire and Tim Holtz on Tuesday
  • I played around with just Tim Holtz on Wednesday
  • Yesterday, I played with MME (Marcia Cornell)
Today, it is just the boys, the guys, the men and me!  Tim Holtz and Ken Oliver...I used their products to create the background to the cards I'm sharing with you.

I have four of Ken Oliver's Color Burst (Ultramarine Blue, Lemon Yellow, Alizarin Crimson and Orange).  They were all used on top of a piece of watercolor paper from Ranger.  Then, I used Tim Holtz's Mix Media die to cut out a section from the piece.  I added a Spellbinders die cut on top with a red bow adhered to it and stamped "Thinking Of You in the right corner.  

Think spring instead of winter was the theme behind using as many light colors from Tim Holtz's Distress Inks (spun sugar, scattered straw, cracked pistachio, shaded lilac, evergreen bough and abandoned coral). From the Couture Mariposa Collection I cut out the butterfly (one half of it) in two colors, black and mint green and adhered them together, slightly off set.  We R Memory ribbon was placed at an angle and the sentiment "forever" came from out of my stash (I lost the backing with the company's name).

I forgot to post who we were celebrating for Black History on yesterday, so, today:
Doris “Dorie” Miller  and Bass Reeves are our Black History focus .
The story of Doris Miller has been glamorized in motion pictures, but few know the real story of the Black cook who became a hero during the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Bass Reeves is a legend of the west, one of the first Black lawmen in the region and one of the first Black heroes of the era. He was one of if not the first Black lawman to serve west of the Mississippi River. (Goggle these two guys and learn more about them).

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois




No comments: