Wednesday, February 24, 2016

"Water Color Wednesday"

Hello Viewers, Visitors, Followers and Friends.
 
What do you do on a day that is wet, dreary and has a forecast of a tornado and severe thunderstorm threat?
You stay inside and play in water.  Water with color.  You use stamps and you color the image with water color, that's what you do or in my case, that's what I did.

Now, before you look at the pictures and start criticizing, I am in no way an expert.  Novice is what I consider myself when it comes to any kind of painting and or water coloring.  This has been my fun.
Instead of going outside to get my feet wet, I got my fingers and paper wet.

Keep in the back of your mind....this was her fun.  There are no challenges or contest that I wanted to enter so I did what I wanted to do with some tools that I had to do it with (keep the criticizing to yourself...it is her fun, not yours):
 

What you see here are two cards that look almost the same.
The base is an A2 (4.25  x  5.5) piece of Neenah white cardstock.  On top of the base is a piece of black Recollection cardstock cut 1/8 inch less than the base.
Ranger watercolor paper was used as the focal mat for the stamping and coloring.
Penny Black's blooming garden clear stamp was used on both and stamped in the same manner.
The card on the left has a combination of turquoise, green, yellow, pink, orange and black water colors.  The card on the right has a combination of yellow, pink, red, green, orange and black water color with two and a half die cut butterflies and two lady bug stickers.

This card has an A2 base of Neenah white cardstock followed by a piece of black Recollection cardstock;  a piece of metallic foil from Craft Smith followed by Ranger water color paper for the focal area.  The water colored paper was stamped with a Stampendous  Bouquet For You stamp and then water colored.  Colors used were mint green, orange, brown, and red.  Tim Holtz's bird was stamped and water colored using orange and yellow then cut out and adhered to the focal piece.  A computer generated sentiment  was added.

Supplies:
Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pen-20 Color Set
Pentel Aquash Brush
Larger #1 flat brush was used  to apply water for a wet on wet application
Don't forget... this was my fun day playing in the water without getting my feet wet!
Thanks for coming by.  Hope you enjoyed the view!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: