Wednesday, April 20, 2016

"RED, WHITE, AND BLACK"

Hello Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.
Are you happy  it is Wednesday?  Are you planning a fun day?    The weather is gorgeous except for the high level of pollen.   I have a few things to do that will require me to get out in this high level of pollen count. I'm going to be very careful and protect myself .   Hope you are enjoying the temperature and warm sunshine.

I'm having a very busy day... so, what I'm going to do is just show you some cards I made using basically the same sheet of cardstock, pattern paper and free images from Google.  I changed up the die for two cards and added a little embellishments on another:

Here is the first card from the front and from the side.
Using an image from Google, I cut out the basic A2 (4.25 x 5.50) card in white (Neenah) and used red and black (Recollection) mats.  The focal area is a piece of red and white polka dot and black and white polka dot  paper from Colorbok Signature Novelty paper pad. A Spellbinders die was used to cut out the image after I printed it out.  A piece of ribbon was used behind the image.  A small black butterfly was cut out and placed in the upper left corner.  Two, Martha Stewart faux pearls were added to the black polka dotted paper.  The sentiment "love" was cut from Tim Holtz's Celebration Words Script die.
This card can also be seen at the Outlawzchallenges.ning.com for an entry into their Wednesday sketch challenge.
 
 

This next card was made with the same white, black, and red polka dot as the first card.  The pattern cut out piece came from Recollections BOHO paper pad.  The same Tim Holtz die was used in red along with a stamped sentiment, "This is me missing you", taken from jillibean soup handwritten sentiments stamp.



My last card has just a small amount of black which is in the image and the matting for the sentiment.  Here, again you find the red, white and polka dot from the previous cards.  Spellbinders Romantic Rose die was used to cut out the white "swirly" layer.


I know you are able to take three sheets of 12 by 12 paper and make three or four cards with a little left over.  Try it and let me know what you did.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: