Wednesday, April 13, 2016

"Teacher Appreciation Cards"

Happy Wednesday to my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Time is moving along...are you able to keep up or are you lagging behind.  Do you constantly check your calendar to see if you've missed something or is there  a day that is approaching and you're not really  ready for it?
I generally keep a calendar on my desk where I write down important  dates to attend an event, an appointment, or prepare something for a special occasion.  There is a wedding this weekend in which we were invited to attend.  Our granddaughter is coming this weekend. We knew this three weeks ago. Tax day (we've finished) is this weekend or especially Monday.  Mother's Day is the second Sunday in May and Teacher Appreciation Day or week is May 2-6.  
I have done a couple of Mother's Day cards and have some more to do.  Since my granddaughter ("Sunshine") is coming, I had to get her Teacher Appreciation cards finished  (this request was done in January and I kept putting it off...thinking I had time).
Today, I'm sharing with you the cards (three) I made for her teachers:
 Here is the first card done as a card in the box.


Front view

view from right side

view from left side

Enabler's List:
heavy black cardstock;  specialty paper from Smarty Pants Simple Stories
stickers enhanced with heavy clear acetate;  sentiments printed and cut down to size to fit box panels

Here is the second card in a box which basically has the same elements as the first box except the base is a heavy white cardstock.

front view

left side view

right side view

This is the third Teacher Appreciation Card that was done using the traditional 4.25 x 5.50 card base made from red Recollection cardstock.
I used Our Daily Bread double stitched rectangle die to cut the white cardstock and Tim Holtz's Mixed Media die to cut out a focal area near the bottom of this piece.  Behind the circles, I placed a piece of water colored paper to enhance the sentiment which was typed and printed out on the computer.  The crayons are images from Google Image and the "Teacher" and apple are 3D stickers.


I hope her teachers will appreciate the time that went into making these special cards for them.  I'm confident "Sunshine" will like them.  She loves to do "art" with her grandmother and what more can you ask from a seven year old?

Thanks for taking the time to view with me today.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


















No comments: