Monday, April 11, 2016

"Vellum Overlay Card"

Hello Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.
What a great Monday we are having after a very cold and blustery weekend.  I venture out Saturday and the wind was so fierce that I had to really brace myself while walking .  It was not so windy on Sunday but for me it was still cold (winter instead of spring).
Inspiration for cards comes from different places.  It may be something I saw on Google +, Pinterest, or other blog post.   I'm challenge when I see something that I like and I want to give it a try.  Last week I was playing around with water coloring and stamping.  Before I placed those items away, I saw where Jennifer McGuire, http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2016/04/altenew-2.html did a post on using vellum as an overlay on a card.  I watched her video and decided to give it a try.  I didn't have the stamp she used but it didn't matter.  I did have some flower stamps in my file so I used what I had:

Since yesterday was National Siblings Day, I'm dedicating this card to all by siblings.  We know that God controls the things that happen in our lives so we will continue to let HIM rule.  With God all things are possible.  Have FAITH and BELIEVE!
 

All of the supplies are pictured below but here is a list:
I used a yellowish tint piece of vellum and  Neenah white cardstock;
Penny Black"s T for Transparent clear petal party stamp
Hampton Arts black pigment ink with Ranger super fine clear embossing powder.
Ranger Emboss it embossing clear ink with Ranger gold embossing powder
Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pen (pink and green)
Stick*A*Bilities Religious Subway Art sticker...With God All Things Are Possible
three Recollection faux gems (dark blue)

This is a picture of the card when you lift up the vellum


Picture of the supplies I used.
I had fun following Jennifer's instructions.  My stamping and coloring was much better today than last week.  I like the soft look of the vellum overlay.

Thanks for viewing today.  Please come again.

Sending you a hug and LOVE.


No comments: