Monday, June 20, 2016

"Being Partial"

Hello my friends, followers, visitors and viewers. Welcome to the beginning of another week!  I hope that you all enjoyed your Father's Day weekend and that you got to spend some time with family!
You know I'm always surfing around for new ideas to try and I saw one that perked my interest.
There is no name for this, at least not from me.  I just liked what I saw and tried my hands at it..."partial coloring and partial die cutting".  I just had to try out this technique.  I'm really happy with how this turned out.
I started with a piece of Neenah white cardstock cut at  4" x 5 2/8".  I used the Our Daily Bread double stitched rectangle to die cut the panel but placed tape on the back to keep it together.  I cut another panel from the white cardstock at 4 1/8 "  x  3" and used another double stitched die on that piece...again using tape to keep it together.  I placed the smaller panel on top of the larger panel and stamped the flower image.  The smaller panel was colored with American Craft pens.  Sequins were added for embellishments.

On this card, I cut a 5 x 3 3/4 piece of Ranger water color paper.  I stamped the butterfly image "partially" at the top left and bottom right .  The double stitched rectangle die was used to cut out part of the card.  This time, I separated the piece and matted it with black Recollection cardstock before adhering it back to the card with foam dots.  I used American Craft pens to color the butterfly, partially.

I used a rectangle die on  both of these cards but you could also use a square, circle or whatever shape you want to use in your panel with what ever kind of layering dies you like to use.

I hope you enjoyed your view today.  Come back and visit again.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: