Thursday, June 2, 2016

"Coloring...distress inks and watercolor"

Happy Thursday to my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
I wanted to get a little inky today and use distress inks and watercolors.  Nothing fancy or out of the ordinary.  Sometimes you have to find the kid in yourself and relax by coloring.  It is the norm for most adults today...going back to that childhood love of coloring.
At first I took out the pencils to color an image I recently won from another blog...immediately put that down to save for a later date.  Then, I took my Ranger water color paper and decided on something a little "mute" because I knew I wanted to add a stamped image on top of it.  After I finish that project I was pulling out scrapbook paper for something else I saw on Pinterest (always finding new and neat ideas).  It was directions on changing a not so beautiful piece of paper into something "extraordinary"....I fell fast into this project...all I needed was a piece of cardstock that I didn't think was beautiful or as the article stated, your "ugliest paper"and distress inks of your choice.
Take a look at what I made for today's viewing:
I am always Here for you
cardstock: Neenah white; Recollection black and burgundy and Ranger watercolor paper
water color paints: yellow, pink and mint green
stamp: Penny Black's blooming garden and Recollections clear stamps (sentiment)
Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pen (red and green)
pop dots
Hampton Arts glitter glue
Entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com Challenge Weeks #232-233 - Anything Goes

 

You Bring Color To My Life
Take a look to the right of this card...do you see the sheet of cardstock in the back of it?  That cardstock was cut down to size for this card.  I used distress inks (abandon coral, evergreen bough, and fossilized amber) to color this piece of cardstock.  Other cardstock used was: Neenah white; Recollection black and raspberry.  Handmade Modern sequins (butterflies) were used.  The corner  doily die cut is from Trim craft First Edition Craft dies.

Thanks again for you time, love and comments.  You really do bring color to my life!!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: