Wednesday, June 22, 2016

"First Time Using a Card Kit"

Hello Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.
Welcome to Wednesday....you may be wondering how you made it to the middle of the week.  It was just Monday and with a blink...here it is, Wednesday.  If you hang around a little while longer it is going to be Christmas and you just may miss your summer vacation.
How many of you have ever used a card kit?  Those boxes or papers in which you punch out, or cut out the picture and adhere it to a card front.  That project that doesn't require you to do a lot of thinking.  Some kits come with everything you need including the steps to make the card.  Punch, fold, glue and your project is ready to be displayed.
I watched a craft show that comes on TV called "Create and Craft".  This show sells products and will show you a demonstration of how to use the products they are selling.  I knew my granddaughter would be coming for a visit during her summer break so I ordered something she could play with in the card making category....a card kit from this show ( Hunkydory Garden Secrets ).  I also ordered the 12 by 12 cardstock from Heartfelt Creation.

Here are three cards that I made from these kits:
!st Card made with Heartfelt Creation  Botanic Orchid cardstock.  In the collection you can cut out a topper and individual pieces to make a card.  The bible verse came from WordartWednesday.blogspot.com.    I am going to enter this card in their Challenge Weeks #236-237 - Anything Goes

 


2nd Card is a Diorama Card made from the Hunkydory Garden Secrets card collection.  I had to try this before giving the remainder of this kit to my granddaughter. I think she will love the fold, punch, glue method of making a card or some cards when she comes to visit.  Grandma had to check it out to see if it was as easy as the TV show said it was.  If you look at the fourth picture, you'll see that there are several parts that have to be punched and adhered to the base and lined up to match.  I'll be helping my granddaughter with this technique.  The kit has two other Diorama cards in it.

 

 

3rd Card also came from the Hunkydory Garden Secrets card collection.  This was very simple to achieve.  This one was really a fold, punch and glue technique.  Much, much easier than the diorama card.  I don't see where she will have any problems making cards like this.


I enjoyed the process of putting these cards together.  The first one could have been easier if I didn't use the step card.  The Diorama card required  more time and precision than the others.  The 3rd card was very very easy.

***I am not getting paid to promote any of these items neither were they given to me to use and review....I can only wish.

Thanks for viewing.  If you have any questions about these three cards I will be able to answer them for you.
 Sending you  a hug  and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: