Wednesday, June 1, 2016

"Rolling From The Middle"

Happy Day to all my Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.
I like to search new things to increase my knowledge and in the crafting area to try something new.  I'm forever looking on Pinterest, Google and other crafting sites for ideas and information.  Over the weekend I saw a card that had rolled edges that started from the middle of the card.  I had just completed a card with almost the same thing except the edges were not rolled, they were left flat.  To complete a card like this requires  double-sided cardstock or paper...I found myself limited in this area or should I say I didn't have any double sided paper that appeal to my color of choice.  I kept going through my paper bin searching for something that would coordinate together so I could try this technique at least once.
Here is the result.

Both sheets of cardstock had pink and mauve as the focal color. One layer was cut 1/8 inch shorter than the other.  I measured to find the center point from the top down and from the side.  Both pieces of cardstock was cut to the center point.  I rolled the cardstock (using a pencil) from the center out to form a "V" shape.  The ribbon was adhered from the center point around both pieces of the cardstock on the opposite side.  Faux gem flourishes and Prima flowers were used to highlight the rolled edges. I cut out "hope" using the Tim Holtz's thinlit script die and placed it in the far bottom on the right hand side.
Not bad for my first try. What do you think? 

I wanted to have a little fun with an image that came out of Hunkydory The Second Little Book of Decoupage. 
(1) I cut the image into three sections...(2)layered them on top of black Recollection cardstock...(3)adhered all three pieces on top of a light blue piece of cardstock from Recollection before placing it on the Neenah white base.

Thanks for taking a moment of your time to view my post today.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: