Tuesday, June 21, 2016

"Two Cute Cards"

Good Tuesday morning,  friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Great day to you and to all you do and will be doing on this day.  I'm just sharing some fun cards I made today.
I'll tell you how the "What's In Your Cup?" came to being created: Three things inspired this creation. (1) The Summer Coffee Lovers Challenge that is going on ( I saw several cards from bloggers on yesterday featuring their cards for this challenge).
(2) A new Spellbinders die (Victorian Fan) that I had not used...I started cutting it out in white to see what it would look like. While looking for some paper , I saw a stripe piece of MME paper in green, pink, brown and white.  I had already cut out the die in white and this piece of  paper inspired me to cut it out in the pink, green and brown to go along with the white.
(3) A commercial featuring Samuel Jackson played on the TV while I was cutting out my die cuts...This is where I had a "light bulb" effect.   Instead of "what's in your wallet", I thought I would use "What's In Your Cup" for a sentiment .  I knew I had a piece of scrapbook paper with some cups on it  (Colorbok Signature Greetings paper pad).  I fussy cut out some of the cups to use on my card.  Here is the three inspirations coming together to form this card:
My next fun, cute card is just using red, white and blue.  July Fourth is right around the corner and I just wanted to make this card using those colors.  It was inspired by Hero Arts Operation Write Home clear stamp set.  I cut a white piece from Neenah cardstock (4  x 5 inches).  Using a pencil, ruler and craft knife, I drew lines in a diagonal fashion and cut out every other one to form the background for this card.  A red piece of Recollection cardstock was use as a mat for the diagonal cut piece (4 1/8  x  5 1/8 inches).  The stars and sentiment came from the Hero Arts  stamp.  The stars were stamped on blue and red paper using Ranger clear Emboss It ink.  Then, they were sprinkled with white embossing powder,  heat embossed, cut out and placed in various places on the card.


Two fun, cute cards made for your viewing for today...Hope you enjoyed your view.  Come again.  Remember, I always love hearing from you.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: