Tuesday, June 28, 2016

"Using Acetate"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers on this rainy Tuesday.
You may be experiencing really good weather where you are and I hope you're enjoying it. For some of us, on a rainy day, we will be enjoying a good movie while still in bed.  I'm not that kind of person.  For me, rainy weather makes for a good crafting day. Do you agree?
I've used a piece of acetate on my card today.  I had all intentions of doing the "smooching" method with some distress inks and water on a piece of cardstock....but....while looking through  Scrapbook &  Collage Papers, The European Collection by TweetyJill Publications, I saw a sheet of paper that looked like what I wanted to accomplish.  Therefore, I placed the acetate over the top of it and created a frame (blue Recollection cardstock) over the top of the acetate and the design paper..  Going a little further, I added the Spellbinders Romantic vine die cut (Neenah white cardstock) on top of the acetate and three blue Prima flowers on top of the die cut.  It still looked like it needed just a little more embellishment, so out of some distressed paper, I die cut three butterflies to add.  I used "thinking of you" stamp from Hero Arts with black Hero Arts pigment ink  and the stitched circle die from Our Daily Bread design to cut it out.  Here is what the card looks like:
Front view

Side View 
I've seen some other ideas that I want to try....today is a good day to try those ideas since we are having rain in our area.  Can't get outside to play so I'll play inside with some crafting material.
Have fun in whatever you decide to do today.  Come again!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: