Tuesday, July 19, 2016

"Grandmother Challenges Granddaughter"

Hello Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.  Great beautiful days but when the evening comes, great scary storms and wind.  It is going to be another round of severe weather predicted for this evening.  If you are in the way of any of these storms, just be safe.
During the first week of July, my granddaughter visited for a week.  We spent a lot of time doing various things.  Just one morning while it was raining and we couldn't go outside, we played with "grandmother's crafting stuff".  She will be eight on the 26th of this month, so imagine trying to explain to an eight year old that sometimes you enter card challenges and sometimes you win prizes if your entry is chosen.  She wanted to enter a challenge  (thinking that she would win something).   I didn't go to any website to find one for her (a little too much for her age).  I decided to challenge her by doing a card...leaving it on the table with all the supplies I used to see if she could make the same card (that was her challenge)
Little minds do go above and beyond what you would think wouldn't happen.  Take a look at these two cards...one from grandmother and one from granddaughter:
Grandmother's card


Granddaughter's card
Just for fun, I'm going to enter her card in the challenge at WordArtWednesday.blogspot.com
I hope her card is picked but if not, I have her birthday present ready for her on Saturday.
I used pink, she used blue.  She added more stamps from the set to her card than I did.  She wanted glitter on her card...I used glitter glue on the card I made.  Her colors came out a little more vibrant than the one I did (maybe she was pushing harder on the Misti ).

A Mother's Day gift from my daughter (the mom of this little girl)
A mini Misti (it had just arrived two days before my granddaughter came to stay).

The stamp set from Recollections Color Splash that we used to make our cards.

The selection of inks we used for our project...not all of these were used.

When her parents came to pick her up, they had to guess which card she did.  Her grandfather had to do the same thing.  If I had not told you which one I did as opposed to the one she did, would you be able to tell.

I did enjoy doing this project with my granddaughter.  
I thank you for viewing with me today.
Come again to see what I'm creating.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: