Tuesday, August 2, 2016

"At The Beach"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
We made it to Tuesday.  Yes, we did.
What's on your agenda for today?  It is an overcast  morning at my place.  I think it is a good day to craft.  The sky is going to open up with rain at any given moment...so outside activities are off limits for today.
Yesterday, I put you in a cold snowy scene but I want you to come back to the warm, hot weather where you can just enjoy yourself for today.  Our vacation time will end soon...let us get in some fun before the summer is over:
My crafting friends have been using dies to create scenes on their cards.  I don't have that many dies featuring people so since I do have a lot of water color inks and water color paper, I thought I would give it a try.
First, I used Ranger water color paper to paint a "beach" scene with the waves on a somewhat sunny day.  When it looked good enough for me, I stopped and put the paper aside....not only to dry but to give some thought as to what to do next (last evening).
Second, (this morning) I remembered that my granddaughter had given me a lot of stickers for Christmas (I had filed them back last December and never used them).  I placed them on my working desk to see what I could use with the beach scene.  Luckily I could use the palm tree image from one set ...the shells from another set and the title from another.  Also, just by coincidence, the palm tree matched with my "waves" (this was not plan...trust me).
Third, I cut out the rectangle in the water colored paper for the palm tree sticker...this left the card very bland, so, I added the sea shells...still bland...until, viola~ the title.  I place the title above the palm tree and the bird to the right of the title....just my kind of card.  It was now speaking to me...(come to the beach...come to the beach...relax...come to the beach (lol)).
 

Entry:
wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Supplies:
  • Neenah white cardstock for the A2 base
  • Recollection black cardstock cut 1/8 inch smaller than the base
  • Ranger water color paper cut 1/8 smaller than the black cardstock and water color inks (blues,orange, red, yellow, browns, white)
  • 3D stickers autocollants 


Thanks for viewing....leave a comment!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: