Wednesday, August 10, 2016

"Commissioned"

Good Wednesday friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
What a great day to be up, moving around, and being a loving person to other people around you.
The weather is nice...the Olympic is fascinating to watch. It appears that the American gymnastic team is doing well so far in the Olympics (I told you last week that this would be the most watched part for me and my granddaughter).  As a matter of fact, everyone that is competing in the Olympics is doing a fantastic job.

"Commissioned"...give an order for or authorize the production of (something such as a building, piece of equipment, or work of art).
The work of art is where I come in.  I consider my crafting a "work of art".   If, at times, I am the only one who likes and enjoy what I'm doing, then, it is okay.  Everyone doesn't respond the same to things or people.  We have our difference of opinion.
However, there is a lady who saw and liked what I am doing with paper.  She commissioned me to make her some/a lot of cards.  She would rather pay me as opposed to buying them from a store...how great is that.
I started on some new cards for her. For the moment, they are prototypes ( a first, typical or preliminary model of something).  When we meet she can pick out some that I've already made and if she likes these that I've started on...they will be done over without those small mistakes that you see.
Take a look at what I started on:
This one is done with the Neenah white, black Recollection, kraft Recollection  cardstock.
Dp is from kaisercraft Base Coat Collection and my stash
die is the Romantic vine from Spellbinders and mauvy butterfly die.
Hebrews 11:1 sentiment from K & Company Bible Quotes Sticker Medley
flower from Prima


This card is made with Neenah white cardstock and Recollection gold foil cardstock
The sentiment from Recollection Clear Sympathy stamps was stamped and heat embossed with Ranger gold embossing powder.  The butterflies were cut from the same gold foil cardstock using a Martha Stewart butterfly die and Mauvy butterfly die.  Bright gold crystal drops from Nuvo were used.

This card was made using Neenah white and pink Recollection cardstock
Recollection Mixed Media stamp and stencil set (dragon fly) 
Inkadinkado clear meadow stamp                  American Craft glitter tape
The sentiment from Recollection Clear Sympathy stamp...heat embossed with Ranger silver embossing powder.   Silver Lining crystal drops from Nuvo were used.

*To my client...if you like these...give me a call and I will redo them over for you.

Hope you enjoyed the view for today.  I love hearing from you and hope you come again.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois





No comments: